Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cross Cultural Lessons

I just finished the book Life Could be Sweeter: 101 Great Ideas from Around the World for Living a More Rewarding Life by William Sinunu. Sinunu traveled around the world for pleasure and as a flight attendant and he shares lessons of ways that those visits have allowed him to see new ways of doing things and new ways to think about situations, money, and time.

I have been in the city just long enough to not always remember what these lessons have been for me but not long enough to think that I am anywhere close to being actually from the city. Here are some of my own learnings about the city.

1. A conversation on the sidewalk is more important than being on time to a meeting or anything else for that matter.
2. Do not judge a home by its front door.
3. City living is not a way to be anonymous, community exists in ways I never understood anywhere else.

What are some of the lessons that you can learn from your travel or service?

No comments:

Post a Comment